NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
1. SPONSOR: Universal Kids andNBCUniversal Media, LLC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112 (collectively, “NBC” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY; NO PRIZES: The American Ninja Warrior Junior Fantasy League (the “Fantasy League”) is open only to permanent, legal United States residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories). PARTICIPATION IN THE FANTASY LEAGUE IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY; NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FANTASY LEAGUE.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in the Fantasy League, during the Game Play Period (defined below), visit www.universalkids.com/NinjaLeague (“Website”) and follow the provided instructions to register for the Fantasy League, which includes creating a unique user name (“UserName”). Registration is free. Each User Name must include a minimum of three (3) letters and three (3) numbers in order to be valid. If any User Name contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive or if any User Name does not comply with these Official Rules or meet Sponsor’s standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such User Name (and any related entries) may be rejected as ineligible for consideration and/or deleted from the Website.
4. GAME PLAY PERIOD: The Fantasy League begins on or about 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 20, 2020 and ends at 6:59 P.M. ET on June 13, 2020 (“Game Play Period”). As described below, the Game Play Period is comprised of “Weekly Prediction Periods” – where entrants may submit predictions about events taking place within the upcoming episode(s) of the American Ninja Warrior Junior television show (the “Show”) and the Show’s participants (“Junior Ninjas”). Based on the Show’s current broadcast schedule, Sponsor projects that the Game Play Period will be comprised of a total of seventeen (17) Weekly Prediction Periods. However, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the number of Weekly Prediction Periods due to production exigencies of the Show, changes to the broadcast schedule and/or other reasons, by posting a notice to such effect on the Website.
Except as set forth below or as listed on the Website, each Weekly Prediction Period will open on the corresponding Saturday at 11:00 P.M. ET during the Game Play Period and will end the immediately following Saturday at 6:59 P.M. ET. However, the first Weekly Prediction Period will open at 6:00 P.M. ET on Thursday February 20, 2020 and shall close at 6:59 P.M. ET on Saturday February 22, 2020. In the event a Weekly Prediction Period is offered for any shorter or longer period of time than as set forth herein (e.g., due to production exigencies, pre-emptions, changes to the broadcast schedule, etc.), notice of such changes will be posted on the Website. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to the Fantasy League.
Weekly Prediction Periods will only be offered in conjunction with new, first-run episodes of the Show (each, an “Eligible Episode”). All other episodes of the Show will not be eligible for Fantasy League game play.
In the unlikely event that the scheduled broadcast of an Eligible Episode of the Show is postponed, cancelled, pre-empted or re-scheduled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to refrain from offering the applicable set of Junior Ninjas and/or Categories (defined below) until such time as the corresponding Eligible Episode is initially broadcast or to eliminate such Show episode and corresponding Weekly Prediction Period from the Fantasy League altogether. Notice of such action will be posted on the Website.
5. GAME PLAY; OBTAINING POINTS/TROPHIES: For each Weekly Prediction Period, the names of various Junior Ninjas and several categories of events, phrases, and/or activities will be listed on the Website (each, a “Category”). To participate in the Fantasy League, register or log in on the Website using your User Name. Then, for each Weekly Prediction Period, select a lineup of the Show’s Junior Ninjas (your “Lineup”) according to the number of available slots for that Weekly Prediction Period and based on what you predict will occur in the Eligible Episode(s) corresponding to the applicable Weekly Prediction Period. Each Junior Ninja in your Lineup will score a certain number of points/trophies for your Lineup (as set forth below) if, during the Eligible Episode(s) corresponding to that Weekly Prediction Period, he/she achieves or completes the activity designated in one (1) or more of the applicable Categories for that Weekly Prediction Period (see Example 1 below).
For the purposes of the Fantasy League, “points” may also be referred to as “trophies” and the terms may be used interchangeably herein and on the Website. A Junior Ninja will only earn points/trophies for a given Category once per Eligible Episode, regardless of the number of times that Junior Ninja achieves or completes the designated activity within such Eligible Episode (see Example 2 below). If more than one (1) Eligible Episode of the Show is broadcast within a given Weekly Prediction Period, a Junior Ninja may earn points/trophies for a given Category in each Eligible Episode, and points/trophies earned from all such Eligible Episodes will be combined to create a total number of points/trophies received by you for that Weekly Prediction Period (see Example 3 below).
Each Weekly Prediction Period will include eight (8) Categories. Each Category will be worth five (5) to fifty (50) points/trophies. The number of potential points/trophies available for each Category will be noted on the Website.
EXAMPLE 1: If a Category listed on the Website for a given Weekly Prediction Period is “Hits A Buzzer” and is designated as having ten (10) potential points/trophies available, you will receive ten (10) points/trophies for each Junior Ninja in your Lineup seen hitting a buzzer during the corresponding Eligible Episode of the Show.
EXAMPLE 2: A Category listed on the Website is “Talks To A Mentor” and is designated as having five (5) potential points/trophies available. If there is only one (1) Eligible Episode of the Show within a given Weekly Prediction Period, and a Junior Ninja in your Lineup talks to a mentor on two (2) separate occasions during such Eligible Episode, you will only receive five (5) points/trophies.
EXAMPLE 3: Using the same category and available points/trophies as above, if there are two (2) Eligible Episodes of the Show within a given Weekly Prediction Period, and a Junior Ninja talks to a mentor in each of the Eligible Episodes, you would receive a total of ten (10) points/trophies – five (5) points/trophies for the Category in each of the Eligible Episodes during that Weekly Prediction Period.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Categories for each Eligible Episode of the Show do NOT pertain to content shown: (i) during the episode recap segment at the beginning of an Eligible Episode, and (ii) the preview segment at the conclusion of an Eligible Episode. Any events taking place during these recap or preview segments will NOT count towards scoring for that Weekly Prediction Period.
NOTE: For each Weekly Prediction Period, scoring/correct predictions for each Category offered will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; that is, whether a given Junior Ninja achieves/completes/demonstrates a designated activity resulting in the receipt of points/trophies by registered participants. The number of available slots in your Lineup slots will decrease over the course of the Game Play Period as number of Junior Ninjas on the Show decreases. The number of available slots will be designated on the Website during each Weekly Prediction Period. The exact number of Categories per Weekly Prediction Period as well as the number of points/trophies available by selecting a Junior Ninja in your Lineup that achieves/completes/demonstrates the activity in a given Category in a certain Weekly Prediction Period will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, which will be displayed on the Website for each such Weekly Prediction Period.
For complete details, check the “How to Play” instructions on the Website (“Game Instructions”), which are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and the Game Instructions, these Official Rules will prevail, govern and control with the sole exception of the awarding of points/trophies for Lineups/correct predictions; with regard to the awarding of points/trophies for Lineups/correct predictions only, the Game Instructions will prevail, govern and control.
The Website will indicate if your Lineup has been saved. You may return and modify your Lineup as many times as you wish before the relevant Weekly Prediction Period end date/time. The version of your Lineup that corresponds to the applicable Categories and predictions on the Website at the end of the applicable Weekly Prediction Period, as per Sponsor’s records, will be considered your Lineup for such applicable Weekly Prediction Period. If you do not select a Lineup for a given Weekly Prediction Period, you will receive no points in conjunction therewith.
Limit one (1) LINEUP PER WEEKLY PREDICTION PERIOD, per USER NAME, throughout the GAME PLAY Period. Multiple entries (i.e., Lineups) in excess of this limitation or mass submission attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Lineups generated by a script, macro, or other automated means or by any means that subverts the entry process will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, corrupted, inaccessible or misdirected submissions regardless of cause. All Lineups must be received by applicable end time on the day when the relevant Weekly Prediction Period ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Fantasy League constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s User Name for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Fantasy League.
6. LEADERBOARD: Sponsor may elect to display a leaderboard (“Leaderboard”) on the Website, which may contain the User Names of participants and such other information as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, as well as the point/trophy totals of participants for a given Weekly Promotion Period and/or cumulatively over the course of the Game Play Period. Participation in the Fantasy League constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to display such information on the Leaderboard. The Leaderboard for entertainment purposes only. The Leaderboard may take up to forty-eight (48) hours to accurately reflect the Fantasy League results. Sponsor will endeavor to maintain and accurately reflect the number of points/trophies that participants have earned (both overall and for specific Weekly Prediction Periods). However, Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical errors of any kind which may cause inaccurate or incomplete information to be reflected at any given time. Sponsor may update the Leaderboard (including a given participant's point total) at time(s) of their sole choosing and Sponsor may correct erroneous listings on the Leaderboard (including a given participant's point total) at any time in their sole discretion without liability or notice of any kind.
7. CONDITIONS: By entering the Fantasy League, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, each of its respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and its administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Fantasy League, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Fantasy League; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Fantasy League and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Fantasy League; (c) to the posting of entrant’s User Name on the Website and the use by Released Parties of such User Name for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Fantasy League itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Fantasy League at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Fantasy League or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Fantasy League. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Fantasy League or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Fantasy League, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Fantasy League.
9. DISPUTES: THE FANTASY LEAGUE IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. TERMS: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 13, 2020 to: American Ninja Warrior Junior Fantasy League, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, “Official Rules Request.”